1. What _____ useful dictionary it is!
A. a B. an C. the D. /
2. Mr. Green has little time today, _____?
A. have he B. hasn’t he C. does he D. doesn’t he
3. They will go to the Great Wall if it _____ tomorrow.
A. isn’t rain B. rains C. doesn’t rain D. won’t rain
4. This box is _____ heavy for me _____ carry.
A. too … to … B. to … too … C. to … to … D. too … too …
5. There _____ an English film tomorrow evening.
A. will have B. will has C. is going to have D. is going to be
6. Hurry up, _____ we’ll miss the train.
A. but B. or C. and D. so
John sent for a doctor because his wife was ill. He called the doctor and made sure they __41__ meet at five. He arrived at the doctor’s at twenty __42__ five. He thought, “ It’s a little bit earlier. I’ll wait for a moment. It’s good __43__ there on time.”
__44__ he stopped his car in front of the doctor’s. He __45__ and saw a noisy square not far from here. He went there and sat down on a chair to enjoy the last light of afternoon sun and __46__ himself quiet. He saw some children playing and some women talking to each other happily.
Suddenly he __47__ a girl crying. He came up to her and asked some questions. Then he knew she got lost. John tried to find out her __48__ and took her home. The girl’s parents were very thankful.
Then John hurried to the doctor’s. When the doctor saw him, he was very __49__ and said, “You’re late. Why did you keep me waiting for twenty minutes?” John said __50__ except one word—sorry.
41. A. should B. shall C. would D. will
42. A. past B. to C. of D. after
43. A. to arrived at B. to get C. to leave D. to ride
44. A. Every time B. From now on C. Before D. Then
45. A. looked for B. looked after C. looked at D. looked around
46. A. made B. let C . had D. felt
47. A. hears B. was hearing C. heard D. would hear
48. A. name B. school C. age D. address
49. A. polite B. angry C. happy D. kind
50 .A. something B. everything C. anything D. nothing