72 According to the time table, the train for London ___ at seven o'clock in the evening.
A. was leaving B. has left C. leaves D. will leave
73 You should visit this part of the country when ___
A. spring will com B. spring comes
C. It has been spring D. It will be spring
74 You needn't hurry her. She ___ it by the time you are ready.
A. will have been finishing B. Would finish
C. Will have finished D. Will be finishing
75. We can go home when the ground ___
A. is drying B. has dried C. dried D. will dry
76. Obviously, he ___ a bad cold. He sneezes so often.
A. has B. has been C. had D. was
77. Darwin proved that natural selection ___the chief factor in the development of species.
A. has been B. had been C. is D. was
78. While Peggy ___, her brother is playing records.
A. reads B. is reading C. has read D has been reading
79. It's been a long time since I ___. How are you?
A. had last seen you B. saw you last C. have least seen you D. last was seeing you
80. We ___ on it for several hours but we have not yet reached any conclusion.
A. work B. are working C. have been working D. have been worked
81. He said that he ___ for Shanghai the next day.
A. will leave B. has left C. would leave D. had left
82. This is the first time I ___ this kind of refrigerator.
A. saw B. have seen C. am seeing D. see
83. "As soon as I ___ home, I'll have a hot bath." He promised himself.
A. got B. will get C. have got D. am getting
84. —_____ my glasses?
—Yes, I saw them on your desk a minute ago.
A. Do you see B. Have you seen C. Had you seen D. Would you see
85. —Who is Clarke?
—_____ him yet? I saw you shaking hands with him at the meeting.
A. Haven’t you met B. Hadn’t you met C. Didn’t you meet D. Don’t you meet
86. I think this time yesterday he ___ an English class in No. Three Classroom Building
A. had B. will have C. was having D. would have
87. By 2018, the university ___ 20,000 postgraduates.
A. will be trained B. trains C. will have trained D. would have
88. I will ask her for the book now, for she ____ plenty of time to read since I lent it to her.
A. has B. has had C. had had D. was having
89. Our football team _____ every match so far this year, but we still have three more games to play.
A. wins B. was winning C. had won D. has won
90. —Who sings best in your class?
A. is B. does C. do D. sing
91. She _____ her pen in her room now.
A. finds B. is finding C. looks for D. is looking for
92. I first met Lisa three years ago. She _____ at a radio shop at that time.
A. has worked B. was working C. had been working D. had worked
93. What _____ you _____ tomorrow morning?
A. are/going to do B. are/doing C. are/done D. have/done
94. I _____ as soon as you come back.
A. went B. have gone C. am going D. shall go
95. The scientist _____ Canada and he will give us a talk when he _____ back.
A. has gone to/comes B. has been to/will come
C. has gone to/will come D. has been to/comes
96. He found his book this morning, but now he _____ his pen.
A. loses B. is missing C. has lost D. lost
97. She ___¬_ to her hometown several times.
A. has been B. has gone C. went D. is going
98. It _____ Jane and Mary who helped me the other day.
A. is B. was C. are D. were
99. I _____ to bed when the telephone rang.
A. have been B. went C. am going D. was going
100. Jane _____ some washing this time yesterday.
A. is doing B. had done C. was doing D. did