1. A) His father. B) His mother.
C) His brother. D) His sister.
2. A) A job opportunity.
B) A position as general manager.
C) A big travel agency.
D) An inexperienced salesman.
3. A) Having a break. B) Continuing the meeting.
C) Moving on to the next item. D) Waiting a little longer.
4. A) The weather forecast says it will be fine.
B) The weather doesn't count in their plan.
C) They will not do as planned in case of rain.
D) They will postpone their program if it rains.
5. A) He wishes to have more courses like it.
B) He finds it hard to follow the teacher.
C) He wishes the teacher would talk more.
D) He doesn't like the teacher's accent.
6. A) Go on with the game. B) Draw pictures on the computer.
C) Review his lessons. D) Have a good rest.
7. A) She does not agree with Jack.
B) Jack's performance is disappointing.
C) Most people will find basketball boring.
D) She shares Jack's opinion.
8. A) The man went to a wrong check-in counter.
B) The man has just missed his flight.
C) The plane will leave at 9：14.
D) The plane's departure time remains unknown.
9. A) At a newsstand. B) At a car dealer's.
C) At a publishing house. D) At a newspaper office.
10. A) He wants to get a new position.
B) He is asking the woman for help.
C) He has left the woman a good impression.
D) He enjoys letter writing.
Directions: In this section, you will hear 3 short passages. At the end of each
passage, you will hear some questions. Both the passage and the questions will
be spoken only once. After you hear a question, you must choose the best answer
from the four choices marked A), B), C) and D). Then mark the corresponding
letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre.
Questions 11 to 13 are based on the passage you have just heard.
11. A) They are interested in other kinds of reading.
B) They are active in voluntary services.
C) They tend to be low in education and in income.
D) They live in isolated areas.
12. A) The reasons why people don't read newspapers are more complicated
B) There are more uneducated people among the wealthy than originally
C) The number of newspaper readers is steadily increasing.
D) There are more nonreaders among young people nowadays.
13. A) Lowering the prices of their newspapers.
B) Shortening their news stories.
C) Adding variety to their newspaper content.
D) Including more advertisements in their newspapers.
Questions 14 to 17 are based on the passage you have just heard.
14. A) A basket. B) A cup.
C) An egg. D) An oven.
15. A) To let in the sunshine.
B) To serve as its door.
C) To keep the nest cool.
D) For the bird to lay eggs.
16. A) Branches. B) Grasses.
C) Mud. D) Straw.
17. A) Some are built underground. B) Some can be eaten.
C) Most are sewed with grasses. D) Most are dried by the sun.
Questions 18 to 20 are based on the passage you have just heard.
18. A) To examine the chemical elements in the Ice Age.
B) To look into the pattern of solar wind activity.
C) To analyze the composition of different trees.
D) To find out the origin of carbon-14 on Earth.
19. A) The lifecycle of trees. B) The number of trees.
C) The intensity of solar burning. D) The quality of air.
20. A) It affects the growth of trees.
B) It has been increasing since the Ice Age.
C) It is determined by the chemicals in the air.
D) It follows a certain cycle.
1.D 2.A 3.A 4.C 5.Br6.C 7.A 8.D 9.C 10.Cr11.C 12.A 13.C 14.B 15.Br16.C 17.A 18.D 19.C 20.D