1. Jack fell in love with Catherine ___________ he met her in the university.
A. for the first time B. first time
C. the first time D. a first time
2. -Would you please take a message for me when you see Kate? --_____________.
A. By no means B. By this means C. By means of D. By all means
3. -I'm sorry but I must be going off now.
A. So long B. Walk slowly C. Be careful D. Take your time
4. There ____________ nothing to talk about, everyone in the room remained silent.
A. was B. had C. being D. having
5. Do you know the man ___________ himself ___________ the disabled won the Nobel Prize for Peace yesterday?
A. devoted; to help B. devoted; to helping C. devoting; to help D. devoting; to helping
6. _____________ late, but also he forgot his books.
A. Not only did he turn up B. Not only he turned up
C. Not only did he turn out D. Not only he turned out
7. You should read the ___________ first when using the new washing machine.
A. introductions B. explanations C. directions D. expressions
8. We arrived home at 9:00 in the evening, __________most people had already had supper.
A. at that time B. by that time C. at which time D. by which time
9. __________ the fact it was raining, she still went out hurriedly.
A. Though B. However C. Although D. Despite
10. -Will $2018 ___________?
--I'm afraid not. I need at least $100 more.
A. do B. contain C. include D. cover
11. -Does Betty know where his violin is?
--She saw somebody walking off with one, but she doesn't know __________.
A. whose B. it C. what D. which
12. _____________the production up by 60%, the company has had another excellent year.
A. As B. Because C. With D. While
13. -Jack is ill in hospital.
--Really, I __________ him right now.
A. will visit B. am going to visit C. am to visit D. am about to visit
14. ___________ in a heavy traffic jam is quite an unpleasant experience.
A. Caught B. Having caught C. Being caught D. To catch
15. There was a teapot shaped like a duck, out of ___________ mouth the tea was supposed to come.
A. whose B. which C. its D. that
16. I'm going to find a part-time job and earn some money, __________ I think I could afford that beautiful MP4.
A. in case B. in that case C. in which case D. in the case
17. At yesterday's meeting lots of questions __________.
A. brought up B. went up C. came up D. broke up
18. You __________ football after school. Why not go home and do your homework first?
A. always played B. have always played
C. are always playing D. have always been playing
19. The meeting is to begin at 4:00 pm, but as assistants, we're _________ to be there a bit earher.
A. invited B. supposed C. encouraged D. hoped
20. __________ different good manners may be in different countries, the principles of good manners is always the same.
A. Although B. However C. Despite D. No matter
21. When asked what original intention would lead them to volunteer, about _________ said they were "willing to do something for the Games."
A. half of them B. half of which C. half of whom D. half of who
22. Oranges are usually sold by __________weight, and eggs are sometimes sold by _________ dozen.
A. the; the B. /; the C. /; a D. the; a
23. _________Shenzhen is a beautiful modern city. But __________ Shenzhen before the year 1979 was a fishing village.
A. The; the B./; / C. /; the D. The; /
24. Though_________ came that he was completely defeated, he didn't lose __________.
A. the word; his heart B. the word; heart C. word; his heart D. word; heart
25. Be careful! Don't get the orange juice on your shirt, for it ___________.
A. isn't washing out B. won't be washed out C. isn't washed out D. won't wash out
26. -Does your brother serve in the army?
--No, not now. But he ________ in the army for 8 years.
A. would serve B. served C. had served D. was serving
27. Studies show the MP3 people have made much use of _________mustic may be causing hearing loss in many people.
A. enjoy B. to enjoy C. enjoying D. enjoyed
28. The artist made up his mind to devote all he could __________ his English before going abroad.
A. improve B. to improve C. improving D. to improving
29. It was a pity that the famous painter died _________ his painting unfinished.
A. of B. with C. from D. for
30. English words are not always spelt __________.
A. the way which they sound B. by the way they sound
C. the way they sound D. as they are sounded
B 31. -Where is Jim? He said he would meet me here at 3:00 pm.
--He seems ___________ with Mr Black in the office.
A. to talk B. to be talking C. to have talked D. talking
？32. The teacher suggested the dictionary ___________ at once.
A. be referred to be bought B. be referred to being bought
C. referred to be bought D. referred to being bought
C 33. We shouldn't have the wrong attituade towards the disabled people. It is probable that one day we will end up __________ a disability.
A. in B. as C. with D. for
C 34. Without facts, we can't form a worthwhile opinion, for we need to have factual knowledge _______ our thinking.
A. which to base on B. which to be based on
C. upon which to base D. upon which to be based
35. -Is there any possibility of the film ___________ in Paris International Festival?
--Not in the least, because the audience generally think little of it.
A. trying out B. tried out C. to try out D. being tried out
36.--Did you remember to pay the telephone bill?
--The telephone bill ? __________
A. That isn't due yet. B. Are you sure ?
C. My telephone is out of order. D. Please remember the amount.
37.You can have _____ second try if you fail _____ first time.
A.the; 不填 B. 不填；a C. the; a D. a; the
38.After the Shenzhou VI capsule (太空舱 ) touched down, two astronauts succeeded in traveling around the earth, thus again __________ China is a global space power.
A. proving B. to prove C. to have proved D. being proved
39.The way he did differed _____ what we were used to______ some aspects.
A. from, in B. in, from C. from ,to D. at, in
40.Many difficulties have ______ as a result of the changeover to a new type of fuel.
A. risen B. arisen C. raised D. arose
答案：CDACD ACDDA ACACA CCCBB ABCDD BBDBC BCCCD ADAAB