第一局部 七年高考题荟萃 2007年高考题
Passage 1 (07·重庆) 完形填空
In the clinic, I asked if Michael could be retested, so the specialist tested him again. To my __36__, it was the same score.
Later that evening, I __37__ told Frank what I had learned that day. After talking it over, we agree that we knew our __38__ much better than an IQ(智商) test. We __39__ that Michael’s score must have been a __40__ and we should treat him __41__ as usual.
We moved to Indiana in 1962, and Michael studied at Concordia High School in the same year. He got __42__ grades in the school, especially __43__ biology and chemistry, which was a great comfort.
Michael __44__ Indiana University in 1965 as a pre-medical student, soon afterwards, his teachers permitted him to take more courses than __45__. In 1968, he was accepted by the School of Medicine, Yale University.
On graduation day in 1972, Frank and I __46__ the ceremony (仪式) at Yale. After the ceremony, we told Michael about the __47__ IQ score he got when he was six. Since that day, Michael sometimes would look at us and say __48__, “My dear mom and dad never told me that I couldn’t be a doctor, not until after I graduated from medical school!” It is his special way of thanking us for the __49__ we had in him.
Interestingly, Michael then __50__ another IQ test. We went to the same clinic where he had __51__ the test eighteen years before. This time Michael scored 126, an increase of 36 points. A result like that was supposed to be __52__.
Children often do as __53__ as what adults, particularly parents and teachers, __54__ of them. That is, tell a child he is “ __55__”, and he may play the role of a foolish child.
36. A. joy B. surprise C. dislike D. disappointment
37. A. tearfully B. fearfully C. cheerfully D. hopefully
38. A. student B. son C. friend D. doctor
39. A. argued B. realized C. decided D. understood
40. A. joke B. mistake C. warning D wonder.
41. A. specially B. strictly C. naturally D. carefully
42. A. poor B. good C. average D. standard
43. A. in B. about C. of D. for
44. A. visited B. chose C. passed D. entered
45. A. allowed B. described C. required D. offered
46. A. missed B. held C. delayed D. attended
47. A. high B. same C. low D. different
48. A. curiously B. eagerly C. calmly D. jokingly
49. A. faith B. interest C. pride D. delight
50. A. looked for B. asked for C. waited for D. prepared for
51. A. received B. accepted C. organized D. discussed
52. A. imperfect B. impossible C. uncertain D. unsatisfactory
53. A. honestly B. much C. well D. bravely
54. A. hear B. learn C. expect D. speak
55. A. wise B. rude C. shy D. stupid
答案 36.D 37.A 38.B 39.C 40.B 41.C 42.B 43.A 44.D 45.C 46.D 47.C 48.D 49.A 50.B 51.A 52.B 53.C 54.C 55.D
1 2 下一页