第一局部 七年高考题荟萃 2006年高考题
Passage 1 (06·北京) 完形填空
Learning to Accept
I learned how to accept life as it is from my father. __36__ , he did not teach me acceptance when he was strong and healthy, but rather when he was __37__ and ill.
My father was __38__ a strong man who loved being active, but a terrible illness __39__ all that away. Now he can no longer walk, and he must sit quietly in a chair all day. Even talking is __40__ . One night, I went to visit him with my sisters. We started __41__ about life, and I told them about one of my __42__ . I said that we must very often give things up __43__ we grow --- our youth, our beauty, our friends --- but it always __44__ that after we give something up, we gain something new in its place. Then suddenly my father __45__ up. He said, “But, Peter, I gave up __46__ ! What did I gain?” I thought and thought, but I couldn’t think of anything to say. __47__ , he answered his own question: “I __48__ the love of my family,” I looked at my sisters and saw tears in their eyes, along with hope and thankfulness.
I was also __49__ by his words. After that, when I began to feel irritated (愤恨的) at someone, I __50__ remember his words and become __51__ . If he could replace his great pain with a feeling of love for others, then I should be __52__ to give up my small irritations. In this __53__ , I learned the power of acceptance from my father.
Sometimes I __54__ what other things I could have learned from him if I had listened more carefully when I was a boy. For now, though, I am grateful for this one __55__ .
36. A. Afterwards B. Therefore C. However D. Meanwhile
37. A. tired B. weak C. poor D. slow
38. A. already B. still C. only D. once
39. A. took B. threw C. sent D. put
40. A. impossible B. difficult C. stressful D. Hopeless
41. A. worrying B. caring C. talking D. asking
42. A. decisions B. experiences C. ambitions D. beliefs
43. A. as B. since C. before D. till
44. A. suggests B. promises C. seems D. requires
45. A. spoke B. turned C. summed D. opened
46. A. something B. anything C. nothing D. everything
47. A. Surprisingly B. Immediately C. Naturally D. Certainly
48. A. had B. accepted C. gained D. enjoyed
49. A. touched B. astonished C. attracted D. warned
50. A. should B. could C. would D. might
51. A. quiet B. calm C. Relaxed D. happy
52. A. ready B. likely C. free D. able
53. A. case B. form C. method D. way
54. A. doubt B. wonder C. know D. guess
55. A. award B. gift C. lesson D. word
答案 36.C 37.B 38.D 39.A 40.B 41.C 42.D 43.A 44.C 45.A 46.D 47.A 48.C 49.A 50.C 51.B 52.D 53.D 54.B 55.B
1 2 3 4 5 下一页