Answer true or false.
One day a dentist was starting his morning work. Suddenly a man ran into his room. His face was red and he could only say ‘Quick! Quick!’
The dentist thought he must be very ill. His assistant helped make the poor man sit in a chair. The dentist gave the man some medicine to make him sleep. Then, he looked into the man’s mouth and pulled out the bad teeth. As soon as the man woke up, he said, ‘Quick, doctor, quick,’ in a low voice.
‘It’s all right now,’ the dentist told him. ‘It’s over.’ ‘You don’t understand,’ said the man. ‘ I came to tell you that your house is on fire.’
1. The dentist was starting his evening work.
2. The man had a toothache, so he came to the dentist.
3. The dentist pulled out all the man’s teeth.
4. The man woke up and still said, ‘Quick!’
5. The man came to tell the dentist his house was falling.
6. The office building which the dentist worked in was on fire.
1. T 2. F 3. T 4. T 5. F 6. F