1．构成：had + 过去分词
►. They had got everything ready before I came.
►. The play had begun before I got to the theater with my boyfriend.
（2）过去完成时常用于 hardly / scarcely ... when, no sooner ... than等固定句型结构中。（此乃超级重点句型，意为：“一……就”）
►. She had hardly / scarcely gone to bed when the bell rang.
►. No sooner had he arrived at the railway station than he met her parents.（注意 no sooner 在句首时句型倒装。）
►. I had intended to call on you yesterday, but someone came to see me just when I was about to leave.
►. They had planed to hold a football match last week, but they had to cancel it because the bad weather.
1. -Let"s hurry! The president is coming. -Oh, I was afraid that we ________.
A. already miss him B. had already missed him
C. will miss him already D. have already missed him
2. Your letter came just as I ________ my office.
A. was leaving B. would leave
C. had left D. left
3. I ________ my keys, I can"t remember where I last saw them.
A. was losing B. lost C. had lost D. have lost
4. Nobody knew where the teacher ________.
A. has gone B. would have gone
C. had gone D. would be gone
5. The sportsmen ________ training for 3 hours when the coach told them to break off for rest.
A. have been B. are
C. had been D. were
1. B 2. A 3. D 4. C 5. C