1．当 every-, some-, any-, no- 等构成的不定代词及 each, either, neither 作主语时，谓语动词为单数。
● Someone has told me about it.
● Neither of us likes the film.
2．当 every 或 each 位于两个由连接词连接的单数主语前，谓语动词用单数。（必记之要点！）
● Each girl and boy has a nickname.
● Every man and woman is welcome.
3．位于主谓之间的介词短语不影响谓语动词的数，谓语动词须和主语一致。常见介词短语有：in addition to, together with, as well as, along with, but, except, etc.
● The teacher along with his students is going to the party.
● His parents as well as his elder sister have come to see him.
1．当主语由 and 或 both ... and 连接，通常采用复数谓语动词。
● Both the girl and the boy are his friends.
2．如主语是both, few或主语前有both, few, several, many 等限定词时，谓语动词须用复数。
● Several novels have been written by her.
● Both got the news at the same time.
trousers, pants, jeans, glasses, scissors, tweezers, plier, scales , compasses, etc.
● The trousers here are mine.
别忘了：如果以上名词受 “a pair of” “the pair of”修饰时，谓语动词用单数。
The pair of pants is too dirty.
1．当主语由 neither... nor, either... or, not only ... but also 或 or 连接时，谓语动词与nor, or, but also后面的词一致，在英语语法中，这被称之为“就近原则”。
● Neither he nor I am going to the airport.
● Not only Mary but also her parents have gone abroad.
2．当主语前面有 none, all, some, any, most, half, majority等词时，谓语动词则根据主语的具体情况而采用相应的单、复数。
● All of the money has been in the bank. (money 是不可数名词)
● All of us have been here.
3．“a number of”是复数，修饰可数名词，谓语动词为复数，“the number of”也修饰复数名词，但谓语动词用单数。（黄金要点！！）
● A number of students have passed the exam.
● The number of students in this class is 50.
1．如主语是指：time, money, weight, volume, etc. 虽为复数形式，但谓语用单数形式。
● Two years is a short time.
● One hundred dollars is needed by me.
● Statistics is a dull subject.
● Politics is important.
● The New York Times is a good newspaper.
● The family is big.（总体）
● His family like to watch TV.（家庭所有成员）
● The species is rare.
● These species are common.
● The sheep are eating grass.
● The sheep is big.
VI. Chinese, English, French, etc 指语言时，谓动是单数，如与 "the" 搭配，指人民时，谓语动词用复数。
English is used widely.
The English love peace.
1. Students today are writing ________ of poetry.
A. a great many lines B. quantities of lines C. lots lines D. a large number
2. The bookstore had not ordered ________ texts for all the students in the course.
A. plenty of B. enough
C. as many D. enough of
3. — What did you see? — We saw ________ police there.
A. many B. much C. little D. the
4. — Do you want to wait? — Two weeks ________ too long for me to wait.
A. is B. are C. were D. was
5. There they were greeted by a woman called Zenobia, ________.
A. being a beautiful woman of wealth and position
B. who is beautiful woman of wealth and position
C. a beautiful woman of wealth and position
D. and a beautiful woman of wealth and position
1. A 2. B 3. A 4. A 5. C